The 55×5 Manifestation Technique is one of the most powerful law of attraction writing exercises that helps you align with the frequency of your intentions by targeting the subconscious mind.
The law of attraction is a fairly simple idea to understand. While its simple to understand it is not easy to practise. This is not because you can’t but rather because you have to unlearn a lot of habits of thought.
We tend to think of habits as things we do but it is far more than that. Most habits are habits of thought. We have about 60 000 thoughts per day and about 80% of those thoughts are the same as yesterday.
A belief is nothing other than thinking the same thought over and over again – often to the point where you do not even question it anymore.
If you want to attract and manifest anything in your life you have to change your thoughts. If you keep thinking the way you’ve been thinking then nothing will change.
While it may sound like common sense we usually don’t have this common sense when it comes to ourselves.
One of the most effective ways to change habitual thoughts is through deliberate repetition. Think about it…it is how we learn anything anyway. When you repeat something often enough it becomes automatic – it becomes a habit.
What if your habitual thoughts were on the things you really want to attract and manifest instead of those things you do not want in your life?
This is where the law of attraction writing exercises come in and while there are many variations on the how-to, the following is how I understand and use the 55×5 method with great results.
The Power of Law of Attraction Writing Exercises
There are a number of law of attraction writing exercises that can be very helpful and useful. Whether you are doing focus wheels, written affirmations, scripting or a rampage of appreciation – all these technique work.
The way they work is not what most people think though. You can’t do it for a week and start asking ‘where’s my stuff!?’
It needs to become habitual. Overcoming years of (unconscious) conditioning can be hard to change.
There is something magical that happens when you write something down. When you take thoughts from your inner world and bring it into your outer world.
The pen is the tongue of the mind– Horace
The mind reacts very differently to saying an affirmation 10 times than it does to writing an affirmation 10 times.
Its been proven that the mind retains something much faster and much longer when you say it, see it and write it at the same time.
This is exactly what we want to use with the 55×5 technique for manifesting.
What is The 55×5 Manifestation Technique?
The 55×5 technique for manifesting is a simple law of attraction technique that is designed to help you focus a lot of your energy on a single idea. Using the law of attraction you can attract and manifest anything into your life.
A lot of habitual thoughts however causes us to have all our thoughts and energy on what we do not want – and this happens mostly unconsciously.
With the 55×5 technique we will overcome these vibrations and deliberately focus on a single idea we want to manifest.
The entire 5 days should be dedicated to just one idea. Think closely on the one thing that you want to manifest in your life. Make sure that it is something specific and that you are very clear on the end result.
This could be an amount of money, a job or your soulmate.
It should not be “the lottery” or becoming the CEO of Apple by next month. It should be a definite end goal that is within your reach. If its too unbelievable in your mind then it will take an enormous amount of mental work to overcome that hurdle in your subconscious mind.
Also, it should not be a means to an end (like the lottery), but try and focus only on the end result. Why do you want to have a lot of money? Why do you want your soulmate?
If you are new to manifesting or have run into some roadblocks in the past then we suggest you start with something smaller and more believable.
This will have a lot less resistance and manifest much easier into your life.
How To Do The 55×5 Manifestation Technique
• For 5 consecutive days, every morning as soon as you wake up and every evening just before sleep time you will write out your “one thing” you want to manifest 55 times.
• You are not to skip a day and you are not to stop until you’ve done all 55 once you’ve started.
• Make sure that you block out this time and remove any and all distractions.
• This should NOT feel like a chore. You should be excited to do this because you are busy creating something amazing in your life.
• With the The 55×5 Method, every session starts with one powerful question: “What would my life look like when…” and then you complete it by describing in a few sentences exactly what your life will look like when your “one thing” is manifested. This will force your mind to to visualize what your life will look like.
• Over the next 55 lines you can condense your idea into a single sentence. As you write it, say it out loud or whisper it softly to yourself.
• It is very helpful to close your eyes for 2 minutes before you begin and take a few deep breaths and just center yourself. Try and empty your mind of any worries. Then focus on one person that you love. Keep your focus on your love for this person as long as you can. The idea is to fill yourself up with love before you begin.
• At the end of your session you will sign the page and date it.. The act of signing it every day is symbolic and very powerful.
• At the end of the session, you can close your eyes again. This time think of one thing that you are truly grateful for. Hold your attention on this for about a minute if you can. This will fill you with gratitude.
• Once you have finished your 5 days, close the journal and put it somewhere safe. Do not try and find ways to “make it happen”. Do not look for your manifestation around every corner. Surrender completely and carry on with your life.
• If you feel like “doing something” to “make it happen” then spend your time on building the image in your mind. Spend your time working on “living” in your future.
A Manifestation Journal for the 55×5 Technique
Using a journal is a great way to stay on track. The first day or two is usually easy and most people can stay committed for a few days.
Life gets in the way. You will be tempted to skip days when you feel particularly tired or too busy. I like this because 5 days at a time is an easy target.
The reality is that it will take more than 5 days to manifest most of what you want. Your ‘big goals’ might need several blocks of 5 days.
Keeping a journal is a great way to stay focussed and the practise of journaling every day in itself can become a powerful habit.
You can make the 55×5 manifestation technique part of your daily journaling or do it separately – whatever feels more comfortable for you.
The act of writing it and repeating it become more powerful and more influential in your life the more you do it.
You can either use a blank journal or you can buy a guided/prompt journal from Amazon. They are about $6 – $7 and well worth the investment. I usually buy 2 or 3 at a time so I can work on different manifestations over a 3 or 6 month period.
I’ve also made it available as PDF that you can download below. just print it out as and when you need it 🙂
These are the journals I like because they have morning and evening sessions for each day but feel free to experiment until you find something you like.
Don’t try and do this on lose pieces of paper or willy-nilly in different notepads. I found that the idea of a journal itself helps a lot. It keeps you organised and helps you focus.
I keep all these journals because they become powerful reminders of what you can manifest when you truly focus your energy to a single idea.